Saturday, October 31, 2009

Southern Cornbread

I found the recipe for this delicious dish on AllRecipes.com. While there are several cornbread recipes to choose from I wanted to try something that I could cook in my cast iron pan...

So here is the recipe for Real Southern Cornbread...
My only change is (you guessed it) adding corn! You can't make cornbread without it... well you could but what would be the point?

A word of warning, do not wait too long to put it in the oven or you will burn it! When the recipe says to "cook on high heat until bubbles start to form in the center" interpret that to mean a bubble or two. I like to eat this with honey butter, for which I melt butter and add honey until you reach the right blend of sweetness, for me that's mostly honey with a dash of butter.


I served this with butternut squash soup, for which sadly I have lost the recipe! But don't be alarmed a quick search on all recipes reveals many many options!

No comments: