Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What the devil?

Really any excuse will do...You say you're having a party? Watching TV at your house on a Tuesday? Having a bad hair day? I'll make deviled eggs!

Since deviled eggs are not something that I can just make for myself (too rich for my blood) I have to wait until someone asks me (or I offer at the slightest hint that there's an occasion that involves dinner of the potluck variety)

This is a batch I made recently for a friend's birthday party.

Recipe:

6 hard-cooked eggs peeled and cut lengthwise
¼ cup Mayonnaise
1/8 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Paprika for garnish

Directions (and Revisions)

1. Remove the egg yolks to a small bowl and mash with a fork.

2. Add mayonnaise, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. (Revision: variation on a theme! You can add anything you want to this recipe- cayenne pepper, mushrooms, cheese, really whatever your little heart desires, experiment so that the consistency is firm enough to fill the egg with)

3.Fill the empty egg white shells with the mixture and sprinkle lightly with paprika.(or chives)

So I have to interject here and say that to make your life easier you must pipe the mixture into the eggs! To do so just scoop the mixture into a ziplock bag, snip off a corner and pipe away.

Review: YUM! Really is there anything tastier? These babies went in under ten minutes.


No comments: